[pyOpenSSL] Getting a pyOpenSSL client to use SSL session resume.

lozierd at comcast.net lozierd at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 02:23:49 CET 2011

I've been trying with no success to get my pyOpenSSL client to use SSL session resume when making several connections sucessively (http requests) to a Tomcat application server. I'm pretty sure everything is fine on the server end since I have several other clients making the same requests and they are all able to do session resume.

For the first connection I create the ssl context. Then I just reuse it for subsequent requests

# Just do this for the first and then reuse the context for subsequent connections.
ssl_context = SSL.Context(SSL.SSLv23_METHOD)
ssl_context.set_options(SSL.OP_NO_SSLv2)

# Do this for every connection
sock = socket.create_connection((self.host, self.port), self.timeout)
sslconn = SSL.Connection(ssl_context, sock)
sslconn.set_connect_state()
sslconn.do_handshake()

Thanks in advance,

Dan