[pyOpenSSL] pyOpenSSL 0.12a1

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Apr 27 07:22:38 CEST 2011

On Apr 26, 2011, at 6:17 AM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
>> I took the liberty of anonymously quoting MAL and Glyph on
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/194126 .
>
> Thanks.
>
> Just to clarify: I personally don't have a problem
> with doing all the necessary steps to sign up to a Launchpad
> list - I just think that in order to get more people attracted
> to pyOpenSSL, the feedback channel needs to be easy to find,
> open and straight forward to subscribe to.
>
> To wrap up: should I go ahead and get a python.org list setup
> for the project ?
>
> Jean-Paul: if you have access to the SF mbox file of the list
> there, we could have that imported to the new python.org list's
> archive.

Personally I'd prefer it if we could use the Launchpad list, so that all the code-hosting facilities are in one place.  I presume that eventually Launchpad's UI will get better (perhaps even as a direct result of the bug linked above) and it will be more obvious how to get on the mailing list; for now, we could just have some clearer text and a link in the project's description.  But a python.org mailing list will forever be an extraneous link hanging off the side, rather than just a part of the facilities that the project offers where it's hosted.

But this is a very mild preference and I will not defend it further than this one message, so please feel free to ignore :).