[pyOpenSSL] AES and RSA APIs (was Re: [ANN] pyOpenSSL 0.10)

Morgan Reed morgan.s.reed at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 04:09:05 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 04:53,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> This is certainly not something I'd rule out for pyOpenSSL.  It's just a
> question of who will implement it and when.

There are bindings to some of the low-level RSA methods which I wrote
some time back in a branch on launchpad (mr-RSAadditions). Though I'm
not sure what other stuff would be necessary to do a complete
implementation of RSA (I only needed the low-level stuff for the
project I was working on)

I may be able to find time to expand on that work if somebody can tell
me what is needed beyond what has been done.

The AES stuff is a different matter but I can probably look at that
too (it may become necessary for one of my projects anyway)

Morgan