[pyOpenSSL] Parsing subjectaltname

Wouter van Bommel woutervanbommel at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:55:15 CEST 2009

Hi All,

Currently I am working on a project in which I need to parse an
subjectaltname part of a certificate.
It is known that the type of the subjectaltname is of type otherName
(2.5.5.5).

Code to insert it in the certificate is probably simular to the examples
used in the discussion on http://markmail.org/message/b7lmomgglut22sdl

To solve this issue I am wondering which approach is the best. Adding an
extension to extract subjectaltname and some kind of typeconversion (yet no
idea how, but probably can implement something)  or are there other
possiblities / solutions already available.

Currently I am able to generate the correct commandline option for openssl
asn1parse to show me only the content of the subjectaltname part
(reinterpret by the parser, hence human readable).

regards,

Wouter