[pyOpenSSL] potential memory leak

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Mar 17 00:29:27 CET 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:21:52 -0200, Adrian Manrique <adrian at coresecurity.com> wrote:
>I found a potential memory leak in flush_error_queue at util.c  using Py_DECREF
>macro with a function call inside. Since macros expand its argument n times
>( as Py_DECREF does, where n > 1 ) this call could be generated n times. In
>this case error_queue_to_list allocates a PyList object and transfer the
>ownership of the pointer to the caller function.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the patch.  So that I don't lose track of it, could you file
a ticket on Launchpad and attach it there?  If you can provide a test or
a short script (in the style of those in the leakcheck directory in the
repository) which covers this case, that would also help me out a lot.

Thanks,

Jean-Paul