[pyOpenSSL] Trying to build pyOpenSSL on windows (mingw vs MS compiler).

patrick flaherty patf at well.com
Fri Apr 17 19:18:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

Whether I use a cmd window (DOS) or a cygwin bash shell, I seem in both
cases to get the MS compiler.

This compiles the first two modules:  crypto.obj and x509.obj.  But  it
(the MS compiler [VS 2008]) chokes on x509name.c
with

x509name.c(16): error C2133: 'crypto_X509Name_methods' : unknown size.

My guess is that what I need that I need to be using mingw instead of
the MS compiler.

But what I can't figure out is how to get setup.py to _use_ mingw
instead of the VS 2008 compiler?

thanx - pat