[pyOpenSSL] Patch submission process

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Oct 16 14:40:02 CEST 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:33:40 +1100, Morgan Reed <morgan.s.reed at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone
><exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
>> Cool.  Looking forward to it. :)
>
>Branch is now up on launchpad (mr-RSAadditions), haven't completed the
>unit tests yet, they'll have to wait until tomorrow.
>
>With regards to the unit tests, how do I go about executing them?

Any xUnit runner should do.  I use Twisted's `trial´.  Unfortunately the
repository layout is not friendly to unit testing (re-arranging it is on
my todo list), so you have to actually install your development version
in order to test it.  I typically install it to a scratch directory.  eg,

$ python setup.py install --prefix /tmp/pyOpenSSL-test
$ PYTHONPATH=/tmp/pyOpenSSL-test/lib/python2.5/site-packages/:$PYTHONPATH python -c 'import OpenSSL; print OpenSSL'
<module 'OpenSSL' from '/tmp/pyOpenSSL-test/lib/python2.5/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.pyc'>
$ PYTHONPATH=/tmp/pyOpenSSL-test/lib/python2.5/site-packages/:$PYTHONPATH trial OpenSSL
PASSED (successes=36)
$

Jean-Paul