[pyOpenSSL] setup/install

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jun 13 10:57:40 CEST 2007

On Tue Jun 12 15:51:21 2007, Nancy Head wrote:
> setup.py build_ext -I ...\openssl\inc32 -L
> ...\openssl\out32dllsetup.py build

C:\Program Files\Python24\python.exe setup.py [...]

That way it'll bypass whatever association you have set up, and "just
run". You *may* find this works better.

> So... next step is to download/install the following?
>
>   .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package
>
> &  .NET Framework Version 2.0 Software Development Kit

I don't think you need .NET to install pyOpenSSL with a normal
Python. (You'd possibly need it for a .NET hosted Python, but that's
a different thing).

I'm away from home, and therefore a convenient Windows VM, but I'll
take a look when I get back.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/