[pyOpenSSL] importing pyopenssl

Ajay abra9823 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Tue Sep 28 15:31:24 CEST 2004

> --
> Ajay Brar,
> CS Honours 2004
> Smart Internet Technology Research Group
>

> Quoting Martin Sjögren <msjogren at gmail.com>:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:42:48 +1000, Ajay <abra9823 at mail.usyd.edu.au>
> > wrote:
> > > hi!
> > >
> > > i correctly installed PyOpenSSL. however when i try
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> > >   File "/local/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py",
> > line
> > > 11, in
> > >  ?
> > >     import rand, crypto, SSL, tsafe
> > > ImportError: No module named rand
> > >
> > > how do i go about using the modules?
> >
> > Well, if you get this kind of import error I highly doubt that you've
> > got a fully working build. When you build pyopenssl (python setup.py
> > build) you should end up with the following files in
> > build/lib.something/OpenSSL: __init__.py, version.py, tsafe.py,
> > rand.so, crypto.so, SSL.so.
> >
> > "import OpenSSL" or "from OpenSSL import crypto, SSL" or what have you
> > *is* the right way to import the modules. If that doesn't work,
> > something's wrong.

import now works. it was a faulty build.
but now from OpenSSL import SSL doesn't work. it throws the error

>>> from OpenSSL import SSL
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file OpenSSL/SSL.so:
symbol SSL_renegotiate_pending: referenced symbol not found

while

>>> import OpenSSL
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/hons2004/abrar1/lib/python/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 11, in ?
    import rand, crypto, SSL, tsafe
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
OpenSSL/crypto.so: symbol OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf: referenced
symbol not found

any ideas what may be wrong here?

thanks

cheers