[pyOpenSSL] pyOpenSSL certificate information - how?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Jul 19 19:13:47 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:40:44PM +0200, Martin Sjögren wrote:

> What this tells you is that the only field of the X509Name that
> actually has a value is the CN field, or "common name".

This actually works, thanks, but "common_name" or any of the other
listed members (in the docs section 3.1.2) does not work, also
not if the related fields exist (tested with another certificate).

So, is the documentation here indeed incorrect?

> There are, of course, properties of the certificate itself that you
> could check, like whether it has expired and so forth.

Could you point me to some code examples?

Related to this: how do I load a revoke list (CRL) in the Python
interface?  I tried to load a CRL file with load_verify_locations(),
which does not seem to produce an error, but also doesn't refuse the
revoked certificates afterwards.

> Hope that helps.

Certainly, thanks so far.

--