[pyOpenSSL] RSA public keys/RSA objects

Justin Warren daedalus at eigenmagic.com
Tue Dec 23 01:04:09 CET 2003

Hi all,

I've just started trying to use pyOpenSSL as part of my BEEPy package
to support TLS. I've previously been using POW/M2Crypto with success,
though it's a bit of a challenge to get installed.

I've hit a snag, however. The library doesn't appear to support the
input/output of RSA public keys. From my quick look around it appears
geared towards providing server support, but not client support for
SSL. Is there any plan to implement RSA type key objects for use with
the PEM_write_bio_RSAPublicKey and PrivateKey functions in libssl?

I'm not very knowledgable about things SSL, so I apologise if this is
a silly question. Any assistance would be helpful.

Cheers,

Justin

--
"...the Jedi learned early on what language the universe was programmed
  in. Then they took advantage of an accident of language to obscure this