[PyOP] UCSC Santa Clara Classes: one for programmers; one for beginners

Marilyn Davis marilyn at pythontrainer.com
Fri Jan 13 22:35:41 CET 2012

Hi,

Next week we start two classes at our labs at UCSC-Extension in Santa
Clara, right across 101 from the Great America sign.

9 Tues evenings:  Python for Programmers

6 Thursday evenings: Python for Beginners

Direct links are at: http://pythontrainer.com

The Programmers' class will be low-pressure, but fast-paced, where
students learn and practice core concepts and Pythonic thinking.  To join
this class, you should be well-practiced at programming in some other
language.

If you don't feel up to the face-paced class for seasoned programmers,
please take the Python for Beginning Programmers class for six Thursday
evenings.  There we will concentrate on some basic engineering mechanisms
so that you can take the Programmers' class at a later time.

Another choice is to take the Programmers' class online with videos,
pdf's, and online discussion, to guide you through the practice.  You can
join the online class now; you must join by Feb 13.

And, if prefer, you can take the Programmers' class retreat-style, for four
days in a row, join us on February 27 - March 1.

If you would like the Beginners' course, but can't come in the evening, we
do have a daytime class for 3 Fridays in a row: January 27 - February 10.

All the Python courses are hands-on.  After each short lecture, students
are given lab time and exercises that provide practice with the new
concepts.  Next, a new material set is distributed which contains
solutions to the lab exercises and notes for the next short lecture, and
the next set of lab exercises.  Questions are always welcome; discussion
and pair-programming are encouraged.

http:www.pythontrainer.com

Please come, and send students!

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.