[PyLadies-BLR] Pyladies Bangalore in Times of India

Palak Mathur palakmathur at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 18:49:53 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Annapoornima Koppad <a.koppad at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Noufal,
>
> I did write to Anand personally regarding the numbers. Please check with
> him on the email that I sent out earlier very politely asking him to send
> me the details.
>
> Please dont tell me that I did not write back to you or respond to your
> emails.
>
> I have my work planned three months in advance, so its really not possible
> to work out things in three months. I have told you that I was late and
> even apologized for being late in spearheading the women participation.
>
> I have confirmation mails for both from your side and read email
> confirmation for the email that I sent to Anand Chitipothu.
>
> Apart from that, I don't see sense in getting others to see my view point.
> I will concern myself with working for Pyladies Bangalore.
>
> I have the reporters contact details and will have her make the statement
> in the newspapers itself. I am waiting for her reply.
>
> This is my learning phase to associate with the right people and work with
> people who will respect my work. From what I gather, I know who I should be
> taking help from for all my future work.
>
> **
> I am not bitter. I am concerned about the kind of attitudes that go around
> with the women in India in general, not just Pyladies.
>
> I am closing the comments on this thread from now on.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Annapoornima

Hi Annapoornima,

  If you are not bitter, you are sounding like one. I don't see in any
technical forum, you will have a different attitude from fellow members
just because of your gender. Same holds true for Python mailing lists.

 Except for one time joke, which we all took exception of, I don't remember
any incident where there was any kind of discrimination or different kind
of attitude that was visible in any action of any member of any of the
Python India mailing lists
 (http://python.org.in/).

Pycon India is a volunteer activity and I know how much effort it goes in
organizing any event. May be at times we don't have the data carved out to
reflect all the details as it may need analysis and any kind of analysis
require some work and time, which I doubt volunteers anywhere will have.
Even then, I have seen a fantastic reports by few members which may not be
related to Pycon Data per se.

 I am not sure if Pycon can provide you with the data as you need it. But
certainly, if you will sound little less bitter, people will start coming
out to help you out. Forget the past incident, as you seem still to be
engrossed in that. World is a better place, give others a chance to prove
that.