[PyLadies-BLR] Agenda for the meetings

Annapoornima Koppad a.koppad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:34:57 CEST 2013

Dear All,

These are some of the things that I am planning to do for Pyladies
Bangalore.

1. Based on the Boston workshop model, we can conduct one day/ half day
python workshops. Try and hold one near your house/ places comfortable. I
am looking at funding those.
2. Set aside some funds for girls who want to travel to conferences in
India and abroad.
3. I have not got the time to do the weekly dojos. I prefer online than
meeting at some place. yes, being online has some serious drawbacks which I
cannot forebode. But we can work out something for sure.
4. Have one monthly major workshop where we can have someone from the
industry talking to us. I have had two people talking who would like to do
this. Not sure if this is something of your interests. Let us see where
that goes.
5. Can anyone create an irc channel for pyladiesblr?
6. Later, when these workshops are in autopilot mode, we can go ahead and
do fundraising for Python software fondation which will be funneled back to
the Pyladies chapter. In that way, we can work more on workshops.

I was planning on talking about these at the Pycon India conference. I want
to make it to the lighting talks atleast if not for the whole conference.

All, please contribute more with your ideas.

Thanks and regards,
Anu