[PyLadies-BLR] [rfc] openspace for PyLadies-BLR at PyCon-IN

Annapoornima Koppad a.koppad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 10:16:53 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I am with Svaksha for the free, friendly, informal, Python dojos. We
"should" meet for that.

I intend to hold online sessions for those who cannot meet in person..
Structuring overview of modules, like Kavita herself states, far fetched. I
will be concerned if the overview of modules becomes more like a company
following coding processes, etc. The intention of Pyladies Bangalore is
make learning fun. Super fun. I dont know something, I ask. When others
ask, I tell them what I know. Thats should be the mantra. And it will be **
the** mantra of Pyladies Bangalore.

There is already a thriving python community within Bangalore. What is the
percentage of women attending the meetings? I counted the number of ladies
that were in the group. 20 out of 570 so Python members is hardly anything.
Like saying, almost equal to zero. Out of 20, 3 were recruiters. More sad
news for women. Not to mention that there are so many married, working
women who might prefer online meetings without having to spend time of the
roads. I want to address that as well.

I think that the barriers that exist for women to take up programming are
different than those that exist for men. Specially this is the case, in an
society like India where there is a disquieting gap between men and women
*still*. I intend to bridge that gap from my side.

CIS is a great place to be!

Regards,
Annapoornima