[Pygui] Bugs in PyGUI 2.5.3 in windows

Shankar Giri Venkita Giri shankargiri at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 22:17:06 CET 2011

I'm building a PyGUI application in Mac OS X, but tried to run it in windows.

Found a few bugs when running PyGUI 2.5.3 in windows.

1. ButtonBases.py

Missing a package import:

from GUI.GControls import Control as GControl

2. Font.py

In the following section of code:
#pywin32_info = api.GetFileVersionInfo(api.__file__, '\\')
#pywin32_build = pywin32_info['FileVersionLS'] >> 16
#if pywin32_build <= 212:
#    win_height_sign = 1
#else:
win_height_sign = -1

The latest pywin32 dlls don't seem to have a resource section. Hence the api.GetFileVersionInfo() throws an exception. Since we have come a long way from build 212, I guess we can just use the else part directly or else catch the exception and proceed.

I could run my python GUI application in windows only after I fixed these two problems.