[pydotorg-www] [Webmaster] Belarusian Language

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Aug 5 10:01:02 EDT 2023

On 8/4/23 22:50, 1QMIK :3 wrote:
> I've just found my language Belarusian on this page:
> https://wiki.python.org/moin/Languages
> <https://wiki.python.org/moin/Languages> but It's spelled incorrectly
> "belorussian" language doesn't exist. Please change It to normal name,
> It should be: BelarusianLanguage

Forwarding this on to a different mailing list as webmaster doesn't deal
with the wiki contents.

I don't see any problem with changing this.  We English-speaking
not-from-Belarus did refer to the language as Belorussian prior to
independence, so the name was not taken completely out of thin air by
whomever created that page.

If nobody else at pydotorg-www thinks it's a problem, I can see if it
will let me rename the page.

It would also be nice if there was some actual content! The one link
there appears to be on a non-responsive server.  If you have any links
that would be appropriate, perhaps you could consider becoming an
editor?  You only need to create a wiki account and mail a request to
pydotorg-www at python.org.