[pydotorg-www] Creating an account for Python Wiki

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 20:34:35 EDT 2022

On Fri, 30 Sept 2022 at 00:52, Justin Fox <justinf at candlefox.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Hope this finds you well - I'm getting in touch as I just tried to create an account in order to contribute to the Python Wiki website, and saw that you want new contributors to introduce themselves.
>
> Therefore I thought I'd get in touch and say hello, and also I was wondering if I need an OpenID at all before potentially contributing.

Hi! I don't think you need OpenID - a simple username and password
should be sufficient. You should be able to create an account without
our help, and then you can ask us to empower the account to make
edits. (Don't forget to include your user name!)

We generally ask people to identify a specific page or edit that
they're planning to do, as that's something that spambots seem unable
to adequately do :)

All the best!

ChrisA