[pydotorg-www] Do we need the admonition about Itanium processors?

Alex Walters tritium-list at sdamon.com
Fri Jun 30 04:58:02 EDT 2017

On the download page on python.org, all the windows 64 bit downloads have a
note stating that the download is not for Itanium processors.
https://i.imgur.com/A05oQmp.png (Image for illustration)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itanium#Market_share

I am not sure that it's entirely required to make the admonition, as there
are just not that many Itanium machines in the wild (compared to arm or a
flavor of x86).  I'm not going to say that stating that they are not for
Itanium is bad, but I don't think it's something we need to do, especially
since the download link even says "X86-64".

Perhaps in the future, don't include the note?  Or do, this is just a
thought I had while looking at the download page.