[pydotorg-www] request edit home page on python wiki - anti-robot

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Jun 26 18:07:49 EDT 2017

AS a no-more-then-tangential reply I will point out in the defence of
anyone who might be held responsible for not "plan[ning] to mitigate this
dire situation," that the site content is maintained entirely by
volunteers. It's possible that our current approach won't scale, but it's
equally likely that there is much more relevant and recent content is
available from other sources.

I can't remember anyone who asked for edit permissions being refused.
Certainly, responding critically to an email is sufficient proof of
sentience to merit permission to edit. Thank you for taking enough interest
to want to help. If you feel like organising a crew of willing volunteers
to help curate and maintain the content I'll be happy to introduce you to
PSF people who might be willing to support such a venture (though I can
make no commitment on the Foundation's behalf).

regards
 Steve

Steve Holden