[pydotorg-www] [Webmaster] Broken link

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Jun 10 10:34:58 EDT 2017

minus OP

On 06/10/2017 04:35 AM, Steve Holden wrote:
> Thanks, Laura, we'll see about fixing that - and good luck with the IC
> guide, which might be a suitable replacement.  S
>
> Steve Holden

We've gotten these kinds of emails before, not sure we ought to agree to
drive traffic their way (although to be honest it's probably nearly zero
traffic).

This all seems out of our hands anyway... there's a broken link on
irchelp.org, which is pointed to by the PyPi entry for the irc package,
which if it wants to reference the IRC RFC it should just do so directly
(e.g. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1459)... so it's not even the PyPi
site content itself, but contributed package-specific content....