[pydotorg-www] Weekly report of my work on python.org

Berker Peksağ berker.peksag at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 10:24:08 EDT 2017

Summary
-------

Closed issues: 1
Commits: 11 - https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/commits?author=berkerpeksag&since=2017-08-14T21:00:00Z&until=2017-08-21T21:00:00Z
Time spent: 14.1 hours

Fixed issues
------------

* I've completed porting python.org to use Django 1.8 this week.
staging.python.org is now served by Django 1.8. You can see the
details of the work and all commits at
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/pull/1127

  While working on this, I've opened the following PR to improve security:

  - Set x-xss-protection header on pydotorg
https://github.com/python/psf-salt/pull/114

* Meta tags aren't updated with page title -
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/issues/1128
    Commit: https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/commit/055ca07c697830daaab8cef850df427d9a2478b1

* I've also disabled spam accounts listed at
https://www.google.com/search?q=games+of+thrones+site:www.python.org
and made the following commits:

  - Prevent accessing inactive user profiles -
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/commit/1cf3bb0d1e7235e16ee30b5aa6b3897cf9e39a98
  - Add a custom action to mark users as inactive -
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/commit/04213361134f0eecfcb0d4963e69e5133a2c1bcc

* Fixed three bugs on the Jobs Board pages:
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/pull/1130
    Commits:

    - Fix JobDetail.get_queryset() when a user is logged in and want
to see other users job posts -
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/commit/600b6c60aaa3451d4c7840ee4d9e43701b550a66
    - Send raw version of the job description field in email -
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/commit/34bf816b06ceff275ab69a58eb7eff881c550c73
    - Show sign in box in Jobs pages too. -
https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/commit/619cb1838ad0c3afdde991141f9f3f9d14d1e816

--Berker