[pydotorg-www] Explaining python.org site for new contributors

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 03:55:13 EDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 4:39 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks strange to me how awarded people in Python community
> treat external contributions as a waste of time. Or maybe it is only
> my personal experience? Anyway..
>
> https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/pull/912/commits/490b24d855704ca481cda3ed5dd49aeda5d4997e
>
> Does everybody share the opinion that README.md of python.org
> should not explain site codebase and that people should discover
> the stuff all on themselves after reading through the whole Django
> tutorial?
> https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/pull/912#issuecomment-200313543
>

> I can not comment on PR, because it looks like comments are
> disabled for it, so I am asking here. The reasons why I started this
> is that over the last year there is no interest in developing that site
> from community.

I refuse to get dragged into politicking, so I'll just say this: If
the conversation has been started on the GitHub issue tracker, it
should be kept there until such time as there is a good reason to
shift. So if you want to move the conversation to this list, start by
explaining why it should no longer be on the tracker - and why you
can't resolve this by communication with the person who closed your
issues.

ChrisA