[pydotorg-www] (no subject)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:53:42 EDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 6:28 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> Interesting, the sites are different, but at least
> https://pythonspot.com/ and http://pythonprogramminglanguage.com/
> use the same Amazon affiliate code.
>
> Chris and others: What should we do about this ? Remove them as
> well ?
>
> All sites are anonymous, they all use affiliate links to
> Udemy or Amazon to make money and the content is mostly similar.

I would declare an official stance that you get one link, but with the
caveat that we're all only human - violations might not always be
noticed immediately. (That's just to silence the "but Daaaaaad, you
didn't spank Timmy when HE did that" complaint.) Once it's known that
someone's put multiple sites in, we'll remove all but one, and
possibly all. So, yeah, I'd remove the spares. If, as Guido says,
they're trying to make money off free docs, I'd remove all those
links.

ChrisA