[pydotorg-www] Proposed edit to wiki.python.org beginner's guide

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Aug 23 16:15:10 EDT 2016

Dunno, but until we can get Wing IDE on that page (made by a company that's
supported the Python community for almost 20 years) I personally don't
think he should be in with a shout. PyCharm is pushing its luck ...

I didn't reply to it, figuring it was just opportunist bullshit. I am quite
prepared to admit my approach may be overly dismissive.

Those who are familiar with my responses from webmaster@ know that I can go
to considerable lengths to get new community members on board. Though I am
not inclined to try in this particular case I would welcome it if someone
else had the time and thought it worthwhile. There's just a chance the
author really wants to give, so I am loath to completely write him off,
just too busy to try.

regards
 Steve

Steve Holden