[pydotorg-www] EditorsGroup Add

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Nov 13 08:17:20 EST 2015

Hi Matthew,

sorry for the trouble you've had.

Some background:

The wiki is running behind a load balancer on a VM which is
somewhat under powered for the task. I've already tried several
things to make it run a little faster, but the response time has
not improved.

I believe the huge number of user accounts to be causing the
slow response times when editing pages or interacting with parts
of the system which touch user accounts.

I'd love to clear out unused user accounts, but have so far not
found a good way to do this, which also makes sure that valid ones
are not removed. Despite the textchas we have in place, we are
still getting lots of registrations for user accounts each day,
e.g. on 2015-11-09 we had 65 new accounts created.

The wiki currently has over 65000 user accounts and I suspect
the moin software to touch every single one when doing
page edits (possibly to process or check for event triggers).

For such operations the VM takes too long to respond and the
load balancer then times out even though the operation may
well have succeeded.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Nov 13 2015)
2015-10-23: Released mxODBC Connect 2.1.5 ...     http://egenix.com/go85

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/