[pydotorg-www] Fwd: [PSF-Members] Candidates Page on the Wiki is Immutable

Ian Cordasco graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:39:55 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 4:26 AM, Ian Cordasco <graffatcolmingov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey all
>>
>> I was going to add the questions being asked on this list to the
>> Candidates page (
>> https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundation/BoardCandidates2015)
>> for the 2015 election and found that the page is now marked immutable. Is
>> this intentional? If so, where are candidates meant to register? The blog
>> post (http://pyfound.blogspot.com/) points everyone to that page.
>>

> I don't think the page as such is immutable. I think it's just the regular
> spam-protection on the python.org wiki, meaning your wiki account has to
> be added to the right list (https://wiki.python.org/moin/EditorsGroup) to
> be able to edit the page. (If you try to edit it, you should get a message
> to contact pydotorg-www at python.org, I believe. I don't know your wiki
> account name, but I don't see any names that might be you on that list.)
>
> --
> Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>
>
> Hi! I'm an email virus! Think twice before sending your email to help me
> spread!

Hi all,

I'm the new Election Administrator for the PSF. Last night I was attempting
to edit the wiki page with the list of Board Candidates for 2015. When I
visit the page, the left side-bar indicates that I'm not logged in (even
though, I am if I visit a different portion of the PSF wiki) and that the
page is immutable. Attempting to log into the wiki with my existing
credentials fails. Thomas indicated that I need to be part of the Editors
Group. Could you please add the username "IanCordasco" to that group?

Thank you,
Ian