[pydotorg-www] PEP cross-links are broken in PEP3140

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:19:47 CET 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Roman Bolshakov <roolebo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been reading PEP 3140 (https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3140/) and
> noticed that links to PEP 3138 are highlighted. There is not trace of the
> links in backing pep-3140.txt file (PEP 3138 is just plain text), so i
> believe something is broken on doc generation side.

Not sure what you mean by "highlighted", but I do see an issue:
they're linking to

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3140/pep-3138.html

instead of to

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3138/

Given that the same problem doesn't occur on most other PEPs, I would
guess it's because PEP 3138 is in text/plain where most are in
text/x-rst - ie the RST parser has it right, the plain text parser
doesn't. I just had a quick look on the GitHub issue tracker for the
new web site - does this look like the same problem?

https://github.com/python/pythondotorg/issues/561

If so, add whatever additional information you can there, and
hopefully the devs will pick up on it soon.

ChrisA