[pydotorg-www] Help with mailing lists?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Tue Dec 23 11:56:47 CET 2014

Sorry if this is the wrong list to write to. You'll see why I'm here in
just a minute.

I needed some help with some mail lists at mail.python.org: I need a
password reminder, but never got one, and I have some questions about
creating a new list.

The page at http://mail.python.org says, "If you are having trouble
using the lists, please contact mailman at python.org
<mailto:mailman at python.org>," so I sent my questions there.

I got an automated response email that said that no one will answer, and
to write to postmaster at python.org.  I forwarded my questions there.

I got an automated response email in German that said to send requests
to postmaster at charite.de. So I forwarded my questions there.

I got an automated response email (in German and English!) that said,
"Thank you for your email. We'll work on email issues right away, all
other issues will be ignored."  I don't know if my questions are
considered email issues or not, so I don't know how long to wait before
trying something else.

What should I do now?  Any ideas who I can contact? Things seem broken
on a number of levels.

Thanks, :( :(

--Ned.