[pydotorg-www] [Infrastructure] Migrating python.org to OSL

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Mar 19 08:44:35 CET 2013

On 19.03.2013 00:27, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2013, at 4:23 PM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>> Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
>>> As part of the PyCon sprints I would like to move python.org off dinsdale to a VM at OSL. Due to the build system being tied to SVN, I'll also migrate that service on the same VM. Do any SVN repos other than www/ need to remain available? This would require at least some period of not changing the website, probably a few hours, but I don't think that would be a problem. This is mostly a legacy move so I'm not going to clean it up much, we'll have a new site soon enough.
>>
>> The repos with public interfaces:
>>
>> http://svn.python.org/view/
>>
>> will need to remain available to keep old links in e.g.
>> bug reports working.
>
> Okay, thats just a single repo ("projects") which is the default one. The packages repo is also visible but I'm okay with breaking that given how most code has been removed in the current trunk and links are rare (thats the old home for the PyPI code and related stuffs). Are we okay with that projects repo being full read-only?

Looking at the page, there are some checkins which are only
a few months old, so I'm not sure whether those can be
made read-only, e.g. external/ or sandbox/

Releases for older Python versions are still done from SVN,
but those should be rare nowadays.

It's probably better to ask on python-dev or the lists used
by the projects.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 19 2013)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/