[pydotorg-www] [PSF-Members] [Infrastructure] Wiki news?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jan 19 02:00:31 CET 2013

On Friday 18 January 2013 22:50:10 Brian Curtin wrote:

> Speaking of improving it: on Wednesday, the PSF approved a grant to
> expedite development efforts that the MoinMoin team is putting in to
> using passlib for their password handling.

This is a most welcome development.

Although there may be people who argue that usage of this library is overdue,
any effort or initiative that can encourage more sharing and collaboration
amongst Python Web projects and revive channels like the Web SIG, so that
best practices can be propagated and projects may look after each other
instead of justifying factionalism through the idea that there must be
winners and losers, is an initiative worth supporting.

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Paul

P.S. Personally, I'd either not heard of passlib or had forgotten about its
existence, but then again I'm not doing password handling myself on a
day-to-day basis.