[pydotorg-www] FWD: wiki down notice moved

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:13:44 CET 2013

The problem with the news item that it completely misses the fact about
security breach.

The purpose to make this visible on python.org instead of only
wiki.python.org is to urge people to change their passwords. Current
message fails to convey this. The announcement text:

-
http://wiki.python.org taken down for recovery

The Python wiki has been taken offline for recovery operations. Please see
the PSF blog <http://pyfound.blogspot.com/>for details and updates.
+
Report on security attack on Python Wiki

On the XX December the MoinMoin instance that served python.org wikies has
been compromised, all wiki data were erased. Edits over last XX months are
lost, and the wiki VM is taken offline for recovery. Everybody is asked to
change your python.org passwords as soon as possible if you use the same
one for other services. For more information see the PSF
blog<http://pyfound.blogspot.com/>
.

--
anatoly t.