[pydotorg-www] Wiki renames don't provide redirects for the old pages

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:41:33 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:

> On 05.02.2013 03:06, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> > I don't remember exactly, but ISTM previously Python wiki set a redirect
> > for the old name if a page was renamed. Now I had to fix all broken links
> > manually.
>
> I don't think that was ever the case. The usual way to deal with this
> is to add a redirect instruction to the old page. See
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/WikiFrequentlyAskedQuestions

The wiki correctly inserts #pragme redirected from into the new page
content. It should be possible to turn on the option to insert redirect to
the old name. I am not a Moin expert to know if such option exists though.
This page lists a workaround -
http://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/RenamePageUpdatesLinkedPages