[pydotorg-www] Retiring catalog-sig

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Apr 1 17:10:35 CEST 2013

CC'ing postmaster, who can do the mailing list thingies.

On Mar 31, 2013, at 09:14 AM, Richard Jones wrote:

>Hi all, apologies for the x-post,
>
>Could someone please help me retire the catalog-sig? I'm about to notify
>all current members, telling them to subscribe to the distutils-sig if they
>wish to. I believe the references to the catalog-sig are on:
>
>http://www.python.org/community/sigs/
>http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/
>
>and it needs to be moved to:
>
>http://www.python.org/community/sigs/retired/
>
>I will update all PEPs that have Discussions-To set to the catalog-sig.
>
>Does deleting the mailing list remove the archives? I wouldn't want that to
>happen.

It *can* but doesn't by default.  Here's an official to postmaster to delete
the catalog-sig mailing list but keep its archives.

Do you want to forward future postings to catalog-sig to forward to
distutils-sig, or should we just let them bounce?

-Barry