[pydotorg-www] Jobs: Python requirement?

Chris Withers chris at python.org
Fri May 25 16:54:09 CEST 2012

Hi Aahz,

On 25/05/2012 15:13, Aahz wrote:
> I don't think we should require anything close to "almost everything"
> being Python for jobs.

I can't remember how much of the thread with Amy appeared on the list...
In this case, the OP has stated that "almost everything" to do with this
particular job is done using Python.

Once that's clear in the posting, I'm happy to put it up. At the moment,
the posting does not make that clear.

>> From my POV, as long as Python is at least half the job, it's appropriate
> for the Python Job Board.

It's more subtle than that for me; 50% Python 50% Java? No thanks. 50%
Python, 20% html/xml, 20% css, 10% javascript? Maybe. 50% python, 30%
databases, 20% sysadmin (puppet, chef, bash, etc), sure, why not.

However, whatever the case is, it helps both the candidate and the
recruiter if the split is obvious from reading the posting.

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk