[pydotorg-www] [PSF-Board-Public] League of Awesome page is updated

Noah Kantrowitz noah at coderanger.net
Thu Mar 15 19:53:17 CET 2012

On Mar 15, 2012, at 11:43 AM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
>> http://www.python.org/psf/league/ has been updated with our latest sponsors.
>
> Hi Noah,
>
> thanks for the update. I was a bit surprised that the PSF now
> sports a new page linking firms who have donated hardware or
> services without the board being involved.

The board was involved, both Jesse and Steve were made aware that I was adding new logos to the site and approved of the more whimsical name. Having such a page is standard procedure when signing up new sponsors, and I spent much of PyCon going out in search of more partners to improve infrastructure stuffs.

> While I don't think that anyone from the board would object to
> having such a page, I do think that the board has to approve such
> important changes to the PSF website. Looking at the website
> repository, Martin added the original infrastructure page
> on 2012-02-23. Perhaps Martin could shed some light on this ?!
>
> I also noticed that we now have two directories mentioning the
> infrastructure sponsors:
>
> http://www.python.org/psf/infrastructure/

Just an older version. I moved the source page, but the automated builder doesn't remove stuff automatically.

> http://www.python.org/psf/league/
>
> and that the "League" entry in the left hand menu only shows up in
> the PSF top-level
>
> http://www.python.org/psf/
>
> and not in the lower level entries, e.g.
>
> http://www.python.org/psf/about/

Also just a side-effect of the builder hooks not running a full rebuild. I tried deciphering the build system last night, but couldn't see the Right Way to do a rebuild safely. As individual pages are updated, it should be made visible. If someone wants to run a full site rebuild I would be grateful.

--Noah