[pydotorg-www] Fwd: Accepted: RE: Python Developers

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Mar 25 02:04:59 CET 2011

Am 25.03.2011 01:35, schrieb Doug Hellmann:
> oDesk want to add a link pointing to Python job listings to our Jobs
> page. Does anyone have an opinion about whether or not to do it? Is
> there a formal policy?

IIRC, the formal policy is that we add the link if it points to a
well-filtered list of Python-specific jobs (which makes this
a chicken-and-egg problem :-)

I don't know what oDesk actually does (ISTM that they list
professionals, not jobs); if they are a job aggregator, we
indicate this in the listing. If they indeed do list professionals:
what's the technical term for the kind of service they provide?
We should clearly label the listing with that term (as I believe
it would be the first one of its kind).

Regards,
Martin