[pydotorg-www] Upgrades completed

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Mar 3 19:12:02 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 March 2011 13:45:57 Radomir Dopieralski wrote:

>                                                       I volunteered to
> update and maintain the python wiki, but somehow never found the time
> to sort out all the details. Now that I did, I hope to help with the
> wiki on regular basis, and also add any changes and
> details that might be needed for it.

This is great news! Thank you for installing the theme and making it work on
the Python Wiki.

> Going back to your question, I consider the theme to be finished --
> that is, I don't plan to make huge changes to it. I will, however, not
> abandon it, and I will continue to fix any problems that are reported
> and add improvements that are desired. I keep the theme in a mercurial
> repository at htttp://devel.sheep.art.pl/europython, but I can move it
> somewhere, like bitbucket, if needed. Of course all collaboration on
> improving it is welcome.

I think the theme works very well for the given purpose. My own suggestions
for improvements would involve separate extensions or patches. An example of
the latter category is a patch I have for making the edit spans one sees in
RecentChanges (for example, "[1-3]") selectable, so that one can see groups
of changes made by an individual a lot quicker than going through the info
page and manually selecting the range of diffs to be shown.

With regard to such patches, I don't know what the situation is with Moin 1.x
and whether there's any interest in adding such enhancements, but I've
submitted a few patches like that to the Moin project anyway.

Paul