[pydotorg-www] Repeated outages of python.org

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Mon Jul 25 12:29:27 CEST 2011

On 25/07/2011 10:10, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Foord wrote:
>> On 25/07/2011 09:56, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>>> Could one of the list admins please turn the list archive
>>> of the pydotorg-www list into a private one ?
>>>
>>> I don't think it's a good idea to let our setup information leak
>>> to the Internnet via search engines.
>> The *point* of pydotorg-www is that it is a public list. Private
>> information should be sent to pydotorg not pydotorg-www.
> I was only talking about the archives, not making it a private
> list altogether.
Sure, but losing public archives, and the ability to use search engines
to search the archives is a big loss.

We don't make the archives of other public lists private because someone
sent an email they shouldn't have done - in fact we generally refuse to
even remove those emails from the archive.

The detail revealed in this email isn't critical, and I don't think we
should lose public archives because of it.

All the best,

Michael