[pydotorg-www] apache on ximinez

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Apr 7 10:26:42 CEST 2011

> Unless I'm reading the meaning of those log lines incorrectly that
> means the apache timeout is insufficient to protect against dangling
> client connections.

I have reduced the timeout to 30s now. If somebody thinks this is a bad
idea, please let me know.

> I've received the following advice from Chris Adams on Twitter: "Put
> nginx/varnish in front. Apache TimeOut & TCP keepalives are a poor
> substitute & ineffective against DoS or broken clients".

If you want to experiment with nginx, please go ahead. I wouldn't
use it in front of Apache, but in stead. Notice that pypi has it's
own IP address now, so you could restrict this nginx usage to
pypi if you wanted to. Please use Debian packages where possible.

Regards,
Martin