[pydotorg-www] Making list membership public

Josh Kupershmidt schmiddy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 03:17:29 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Michael Foord <michael at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> So long as we give adequate notice, so anyone who doesn't want their name /
> email address associated with this list has a chance to unsubscribe, I don't
> think there should be an issue.

Hrm, so basically "opt-out". What about "opt-in", instead: ask for
people who would specifically like their addresses posted on a
membership list. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

And I still don't see the use for such a list. The only thing I could
think of was if there's some website emergency, and folks need to whom
to contact directly. But that seems like it should already be handled
by webmaster at python.org. Maybe there's some real use-case for this I'm
not seeing?

Josh