[pydotorg-www] Fwd: [Pydotorg] Fwd: Frank Willison Award Recipient for 2010 - Christian Tismer

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Tue Sep 14 15:38:13 CEST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Pydotorg] Fwd: Frank Willison Award Recipient for 2010 -
Christian Tismer
Date: 	Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:05:25 -0400
From: 	Pat Campbell <patcam at python.org>
To: 	pydotorg <pydotorg at python.org>

To:  pydotorg:
Could you please add the bio information & the attached photo below for
the 2010 Frank Willison Award recipient (Christian Tismer) to:
http://www.python.org/community/awards/frank-willison/

“The 2010 Frank Willison Memorial Award for Services to the Python
Community has been awarded to Christian Tismer
<http://www.tismer.com/Home.html>.

Christian's contributions to the technology behind Python have focused
on performance. For example, he is the founder of the Stackless Python
<http://www.stackless.com/> project, a micro-threading system with the
first implementation of generators and continuations. You can learn more
about Stackless from the project's history page
<http://www.disinterest.org/resource/stackless/2.6-docs-html/stackless-python.html#history>
and this IBM developerWorks interview with Christian by David Mertz
<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pyth7.html>.

Christian also co-founded PyPy
<http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/>, an implementation of Python
/in/ Python, with Armin Rigo and Holger Krekel. Christian worked on PyPy
full time for a period, using EU funding. Later, he worked on the JIT
compiler Psyco <http://www.psyco.org/> with Raymond Hettinger to create
Psyco V2 <http://codespeak.net/pipermail/pypy-dev/2009q3/005288.html>.
Most recently, he has been employed by CCP Games
<http://www.ccpgames.com/> to work on combining Stackless and Psyco and
updating them to support 64-bit systems.

In 1997, as one of his earliest contributions to the Python community,
Christian launched the Starship Python <http://starship.python.net/>
website…

When he's not working on Python, Christian enjoys watching movies,
reading, and practicing playing piano. You can follow him on twitter
@ctismer <http://twitter.com/ctismer>.”

Thanks,

Pat

> I would like to add some of your bio information from the PSF blog to
> the PSF web page at
> http://www.python.org/community/awards/frank-willison/ . This web page
> will be updated with your bio information & photo in celebration of
> having been awarded the Frank Willison Award for 2010.
>
> See excerpt from PSF blog at
> http://pyfound.blogspot.com/2010/07/frank-willison-memorial-award-recipient.html
> below:
>
> “The 2010 Frank Willison Memorial Award for Services to the Python
> Community has been awarded to Christian Tismer
> <http://www.tismer.com/Home.html>.
>
> Christian's contributions to the technology behind Python have focused
> on performance. For example, he is the founder of the Stackless Python
> <http://www.stackless.com/> project, a micro-threading system with the
> first implementation of generators and continuations. You can learn
> more about Stackless from the project's history page
> <http://www.disinterest.org/resource/stackless/2.6-docs-html/stackless-python.html#history>
> and this IBM developerWorks interview with Christian by David Mertz
> <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pyth7.html>.
>
> Christian also co-founded PyPy
> <http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/>, an implementation of
> Python /in/ Python, with Armin Rigo and Holger Krekel. Christian
> worked on PyPy full time for a period, using EU funding. Later, he
> worked on the JIT compiler Psyco <http://www.psyco.org/> with Raymond
> Hettinger to create Psyco V2
> <http://codespeak.net/pipermail/pypy-dev/2009q3/005288.html>. Most
> recently, he has been employed by CCP Games <http://www.ccpgames.com/>
> to work on combining Stackless and Psyco and updating them to support
> 64-bit systems.
>
> In 1997, as one of his earliest contributions to the Python community,
> Christian launched the Starship Python <http://starship.python.net/>
> website…
>
> When he's not working on Python, Christian enjoys watching movies,
> reading, and practicing playing piano. You can follow him on twitter
> @ctismer <http://twitter.com/ctismer>.”
>
> Please feel free to add, delete, or modify any of the above bio
> information as you see fit.
>
> Also, could you provide a photo of yourself with the award? If not,
> please provide whatever photo of yourself you may already have on hand.
>
> If you have any questions, please let me know.

Hi Pat,

the text is well-written, and I have nothing to change in the blog.
Here is a photo from right now. I can prepare a better one if you
think I should...

cheers - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>