[pydotorg-www] User Profiles

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed May 5 22:29:36 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Ethan Schoonover <es at ethanschoonover.com> wrote:
> When you are speaking of age, sex and other demographic breakdowns,
> I'm curious if there have been any actual studies of demographics on
> the site? Or is this more anecdotal? Not to discount anecdote... it
> may end up being our best internal data available (for better or
> worse).

It is brainstorming, so these are just assumptions. I doubt it is
possible to gather correct data or validate it, because most people on
Internet have no reasons to be honest. I would say it is quite the
opposite. In any case people like thе man who listens more rather than
the one that makes their autopsy. =) I mean that processing direct
feedback from users about what they dislike about Python community
would be more effective than trying to guess that. But it is still fun
to think about something not that technical.

> Also, regarding bounce rate, is this based on data or estimate?
> Nothing wrong with estimates as a first pass, but if there some data
> hiding around somewhere, I'm interested to uncover it as well.

We don't have Google Analytics counters, so it is more like a reason
to make a bet for some beer.
--
anatoly t.