[pydotorg-www] Updates to Jobs HowTo page

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Wed Jul 14 17:43:46 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:37, Martin Thomas <martin at martinthomas.net> wrote:
> I have made a number of changes to the jobs howto page
> (http://www.python.org/community/jobs/howto/):

And I made some further improvements.

I note that your changes put more text up-front. This discussed a
while back, and IIRC we agreed that this would have the effect of
fewer people getting to the most important part: the template. It will
be interesting to see what effect these changes have.

> Does anyone know why the bullet points after the template are indented? It
> is not a CSS issue, as far as I can tell.

Do you mean the numbered list? Item 1 was not properly indented, so it
didn't show up as a true HTML "list item" (it was just a paragraph
with "1." at the beginning; fixed now). Items 2 and up were properly
indented, and showed up as list items. The indentation is just how
browsers format lists.

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>