[pydotorg-www] FWD: the google calendar obscures some content

webmaster at python.org webmaster at python.org
Fri Jul 9 23:23:26 CEST 2010

On 09/07/2010 22:17, Fred Drake wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Michael Foord<mfoord at python.org>  wrote:
>
>> Either the sidebar needs to be widened or the calendar shrunk.
>>
> Is there an API that can be used to obtain the calendar data
> ourselves, and perform our own rendering?

Possibly, but someone would have to actually *do that*.

> There's really a lot of excess width to the canned widget, and it
> makes it stand out as an external component.

It doesn't stick out beyond the sidebar in safari or Firefox on OS X
(i.e. I don't see the same problem). The only "extra width" is the
scrollbar, which is part of the functionality. Neither do I see the
problem in Chrome nor Opera on Mac OS X.

Hmmm...

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/