[pydotorg-www] Archives corruption

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Jul 7 01:12:52 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 07 July 2010 00:49:11 Georg Brandl wrote:

> I'm afraid that this explanation doesn't make things any clearer --
> for me at least...

I would guess that what Anatoly is saying is that he doesn't want to be fully
committed to the Mailman project or something, and that he has to earn a
living doing other stuff, but then don't we all?

(T-shirt suggestion: Pwned by Python?)

I've noticed that the archive numbering for the problematic python-list
archives does start at 000000 and 000001 but then skips around to 619310 and
627807:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/1999-February/date.html

There's a good mixture of various ranges in subsequent months.

I've been looking at the Mailman code and the Mailman.Archiver code in
particular, although I'm still not sure whether it makes sense to take the
gzipped archives from mail.python.org and try and process them in some way.

Any suggestions?

Paul