[pydotorg-www] Old Xserve system (macteagle)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Aug 15 17:25:35 CEST 2010

Am 15.08.2010 17:19, schrieb Dirkjan Ochtman:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 16:13, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>> Maybe there's someone who could go and collect it from XS4ALL, but I
>> can't see it would be worth shipping it to the USA.
>
> I'd be happy to collect it, but I don't have rack space I can put it in. :(

Are you in Amsterdam (and/or can get to XS4ALL by car)?

Using rack space isn't strictly necessary, you can also place such a
system on the floor or some table. It's just that it doesn't have the
typical dimensions of a work station.

Notice that there is a severe hardware flaw: the machine crashes after
about 1min of uptime (or when writing to the disk, or some such). It
might be easy to fix, or difficult - but one would probably need to
connect a monitor to find out.

Regards,
Martin