[pydotorg-www] FWD: Wiki Internal Server Error

Michael Steinfeld mikeisgreat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:44:14 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>>> Jumping in late..
>>>
>>> Can we recreate this issue?
>>
>> Assuming "this issue" is the Wiki consuming a lot of time: sure. Just
>> edit some page, and try to save the changes.
>>
>>> Can I get sw versions of the app stack.. apache x.x, moinmoin x,x, python, etc..
>>
>> That will take a while to collect. In short, it's all "debian stable".
>>
>>> following the thread I am left to believe that it is a python process
>>> that is burning CPU and has nothing to with moin or http
>>
>> It is definitely the moin-wsgi process that is burning the CPU.
>>
>>> I've been a volunteer for pydotorg for a couple years, but have been
>>> M.I.A for awhile. I am back and wanting to help with
>>> sysadmin/pydotorg.
>>
>>>From looking at the subversion logs, I know I added your key. But I
>> don't recall why I did - can you please remind me?

I sent the answer to Martin's questions off list. Don't know if that
was appropriate or not.

Anyhow, if you look at what gnome.org did with /TitleIndex

http://live.gnome.org/TitleIndex

I was wondering if that would be something to consider here.
Personally. I like solving the problems without doing things so
drastic, but that seems like a simple fix.