[pydotorg-www] FWD: Wiki Internal Server Error

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 11 00:25:27 CEST 2010

>> I think this would be difficult to implement. The process just gets
>> killed by the kernel when it is over CPU quota.
>
> I think it's a bit odd that requests are routinely taking so much effort to
> process. I managed to get the 500 error page editing pages today, although
> the pages were saved correctly.

Well, one such page is TitleIndex. I don't know how MoinMoin computes it
- but it surely is expensive to compute, given the size of this Wiki.

Of course, any proposals for tuning the installation would be much
appreciated.

It's just a fact that this Wiki has computed *a lot* of CPU time over
the last few years, and has often caused the Cheeseshop to become
unavailable (which is quite unfortunate).

With the CPU quota, this doesn't seem to happen anymore - at the
expensive of some pages not getting rendered properly.

Regards,
Martin