[pydotorg-www] FWD: Wiki Internal Server Error

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Aug 10 16:19:13 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:
> Am 10.08.2010 01:12, schrieb Aahz:
>>
>> Another complaint, will respond to user
>
> Ah, that's the 10s CPU quota in force. FWIW, when I just accessed it,
> it worked fine.

Right, that's what I told the user.  It would be nice if we could give
the user a "timeout" page rather than a 500 error ("Your request exceeded
available processing time, please try again later.").

> Any proposals on how to solve this appreciated. My own proposal
> is to move the Wiki to dinsdale, which has more CPUs than ximinez
> (so would could allocate four of them to the Wiki, and allow for,
> say, 30s requests).

That sounds like a fine idea.  Also, I have no idea what the current
budget of the PSF is, but throwing hardware at problems (i.e. getting a
dedicated wiki machine) also seems like a fine idea.

"...if I were on life-support, I'd rather have it run by a Gameboy than a
Windows box."  --Cliff Wells